TechVertu Ltd, Grays, Essex RM20
TechVertu is a well-established IT Company part of John F Hunt Group. Due to our expansion, we are looking for an IT manager to join the team based in Grays (RM20). We are looking for a manager who has a solid understanding of the latest technologies to start ASAP. Some fantastic benefits come with the role as well as a generous starting salary.
Candidates must demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills, combined with a focus on customer service. You should be passionate about meeting user’s requirements, using the right resources and applying commercial insight to help meet their needs. In return, you will get to work with a wide range of technologies alongside a friendly and dedicated team, in a great environment.
- Day-to-day management of the service desk team, ensuring adequate cover for taking calls and resolving incidents
- Management of all customer incidents and service requests, ensuring they are resolved within the SLA
- Lead the activities of IT Operations, covering all aspects of Service Desk and Infrastructure
- Create and maintain the best practice standards for Local IT operations
- To take part in IT projects, contributing with technical input, and participate when required as a full-time project team member, or as a project leader, according to the needs of the project
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries
- Manage all risks and issues, ensuring mitigation plans are in place
- Ensure all documentation and policies are kept up-to-date and accurate
- Responsibility for IT risks across all entities
- Comfortable working outside of core working hours when necessary to complete the task in hand.
- Minimum of 5 years experience within IT, ideally with formal IT-related qualifications – MCSE, MCSA, MCP etc
- Minimum 3 years team management experience within an IT-related environment
- Experience across Windows Server admin 2008-2016, Active Directory, Hyper-V
- Active Directory administration in an Azure synchronised environment
- Office 365 administration including Microsoft SharePoint, Teams and Exchange 365
- Networking, router & switch configuration including VLAN, VPN, WAN, LAN and DNS including Cisco / Meraki and Virtual appliances
- Understanding of MS PowerShell commands and scripts
- Experience working in a similar role in a busy environment
- Proven ability to learn new and complex software applications
- Capable of communicating clearly, concisely and confidently with a wide range of people
- Pro-active and innovative approach to problem-solving and ability to multi-task
- Understanding of IP telephony systems
- Strong cyber security experience and awareness of trends and threats
- Highly experienced in planning resource activity across complex technologies
- People management and leadership skills
- Formal training and Certification in ITIL and Prince 2 is desirable
This role is based in Grays, RM20, and it’s easily commutable from East London, Central London and the Essex area.
We are looking to fill this opportunity immediately, so please get in touch to discuss it further.
The application is currently closed