What personal information we collect and why we use it?
- Contact details including full name and email address from correspondence where you use our ‘Contact us’ form – We collect this data to provide you with information regarding products or services that you have requested from us.
- Computer or device information (E.g. Your IP address) this information helps us to create statistical data such as number of views to our website in each geographical location.
- Background information (if applying for a position through the website) address, previous work experience, qualification and references.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some cookies are essential to the operation of our site. They enable us:
- To speed up your searches;
- To recognise when you return to our site;
- To make your browsing experience more efficient.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the following link https://www.bbc.co.uk/webwise/guides/about-cookies tells you more information and how to remove cookies from your browser. If you choose not to allow cookies you may be unable to access certain parts of Our Site.
Cookies are automatically deleted after 14 days.
Legal basis for processing
TechVertu will only contact you where you have given consent for us to do so, i.e. contacting us via our ‘Contact us’ form or directly emailing email@example.com. This information will strictly be used to respond to your query and may be passed within the TechVertu to provide you with the information requested.
TechVertu have a legitimate interest in using IP addresses to create statistical geographical data, this information helps us to determine how many users have visited the site from each geographic location.
Who we share your data with
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which means our ultimate holding company and any of its subsidiaries or any other TechVertu associated company.
We use Google Analytics to collect and compile statistical data, an IP address without additional data cannot identify an individual.
How long is your data stored
We do not process your personal data collected from www.techvertu.co.uk for longer than is necessary to provide you with information, products or services that you have requested from us.
Should your C.V be of interest to us and we do not have a position available for you at the time, we will keep your details on file for up to 12 months and contact you should a suitable position become available.
If you enter into a contractual agreement based on our correspondence or ask us to do something before entering into a contractual agreement (E.g. provide a quote), you will need to view our Customer Privacy Notice for more information on our Retention Policy, which will be given to you upon receipt of a quote.
Your Rights under the General Data Protection Act
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You have the right to make a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority which is the Information commissioner’s office (ICO) if you think your personal information has been handled incorrectly.
If you require further information or have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice, then please email the Group Data Protection Officer firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 01375 366700 or write to us at:
Data Protection Officer