How to share files and folders with Microsoft 365 Business
When you use Microsoft 365 Business and save your files to OneDrive or SharePoint, sharing your files is the same wherever or however you work.
Share a file or folder
- With a file open or a file or folder selected, select Share.
- If you are working on your desktop and the file hasn’t been saved to OneDrive or SharePoint, select a location you want to upload your file.
- Select the down arrow to choose permissions for the link you will be sharing. Options include:
- Anyone (if your organisation allows it)
- People in your organisation
- Specific people
- Select Apply to save the permissions.
- Enter the name or email address of people you want to share with.
- Type a message.
- Select Send.
Or, you can select Copy Link and send the link in an email or add it to a file.