OneDrive basics for work or school
When using OneDrive, there are some fundamentals that will help you find files and folders, and get information about them.
- Files is your home base where you can find all of your files and folders.
- Recent shows the files you worked on last.
- Shared are the files others have shared with you and the files you've shared with others.
- Discover shows files that are trending around you from people you work with.
- Recycle bin shows your deleted files and folders.
- Shared libraries show files in recently visited Teams and SharePoint sites.
- Select New to create files or folders.
- Select Upload to add files or folders to your OneDrive storage.
- Select Sort
- to change how you'd like to view your files.
- Select View figure class="wp-block-image size-large">
- to change the view.
- Select Information
- to see details like who Has Access and Activity.Or, hover the cursor over a file and information will appear.
- Use keywords and tags to Search for files or folders.
Note: When you select a file or folder, the toolbar will change, letting you choose what you'd like to do with the file or folder: Open, Share, Copy link, Download, Delete, Move to, or Copy to.