How to meet in Microsoft Teams
Turn a conversation into a meeting with a few clicks. Add audio, video, and share your screen.
Start a meeting
- To start a meeting, do one of the following:
- in an existing conversation to keep all that conversation’s context.
- In your video preview, enter a name for the meeting, and select Meet now.
- Select the names of the team members you want to invite to the meeting. You can also type a phone number which is a good way to add people outside your organization, if they t aren't using Teams.
Join a meeting
- Look for the meeting notification icon
- in a conversation to find a meeting.
- Select Jump In to participate in the meeting.
- Select the share screen icon
- to show your screen to the other people in the meeting.
- to record the meeting. You'll be emailed when the video is ready so you can view, edit, and share with others.