We are currently looking for a hands-on IT Support Technician, with technical experience using Windows Servers.
As an IT Support Technician, you will be responsible for providing a high level of technical support, including daily support incidents, desktop and server troubleshooting and execution, hardware/software installation and upgrades, new infrastructure build outs and relocations. As the ideal candidate, you must be a confident, eloquent and professional communicator, as you will be required to liaise with high profile clients on a day to day basis.
- Provide superior service to customers.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships and interaction with the company's Management and Clients.
- Regular communications with customers and ensure they are satisfied with IT service levels.
- Develop both the technical and customer service skills of all members of the team.
- Assist the support team with daily activities (i.e. part of team, hands-on involvement, technical guidance and leadership).
- Responsible for IT Helpdesk Team and Helpdesk Operations
- Create and maintain documentation and diagrams of office infrastructure, underlying services and systems.
- Periodically review appropriateness of technologies used, provide recommendations and drive the implementation of improvements.
Core Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Significant experience in a similar IT Support role.
- Extensive overall IT experience,
- MCSE qualification and/or related degrees.
- Skilled in hardware performance monitoring, analysis and capacity planning.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory topologies and office 365 systems.
- Network and application security. Threat management gateway Email scanning technologies.
- Experience with implementing new processes and following through with required disciplines
- Excellent collaboration and communication/interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service ethics and sense of urgency
- Demonstrates and acts as a role model for the companies group values and behaviours.
- Quick turnaround on instructions or requests from senior management.
- Ability to perform well in team environments.
- Ability to deliver and coordinate projects within tight deadlines. General understanding of project management methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Willingness to learn, explore new ideas and innovate.
- Excellent attention to detail. A proactive, flexible and adaptable approach.
- IT SUPPORT: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
You will receive full support and training from the senior engineers and will be expected to be willing to constantly learn new skills and technologies.
The working hours for the role are 8:30 to 5:30, Monday to Friday
The role is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic helpdesk analyst or support analyst who is bored in their current role and wants to join a very friendly and busy team, in a business that has ambitious growth plans.
This IT Support Technician role is based in Grays, Essex and is commutable from East London, Central London and the Essex area.