Whether you’re creating your website or simply re-designing it, there are some basic web design rules you should always bear in mind. Here’s our list of 7 simple tips which will go a long way in helping with your website design:
- Create a plan for your website. Define what you ultimately want to achieve with your website and produce your design around that. For example, if your goal is for people to buy furniture from your website, you should concentrate your efforts on presenting nice pictures of your products, creating good descriptions and displaying prices, special offers and clear calls to action.
- Use the best possible images. An image tells a story, and it can be either a good or a bad one. If you take time to carefully choose and display stunning images related to your products or services, or your website theme, you are half way through to grab people’s attention.
- Make sure you display enough and clear calls to action throughout the website and include social media buttons as well.
- Focus on an easy navigation. There’s nothing worse than getting stuck on a website where you can’t find what you’re looking for.
- Put some time and effort on the alignment of your written content and images and don’t be afraid of using plenty of white spaces. This will make your website look cleaner and easier to read.
- Optimise your content for SEO. Identify the main keywords your potential clients are searching for and create content that’s actually relevant to your target audience.
- Make sure your website is optimised for mobile devices. It sounds like common sense nowadays, but it’s still overlooked by way too many companies.
We don’t like to brag about it, but we have a pretty decent team of web designer and developments ready to make your website sing! If you’d like to drop us a message or give us a call with no commitment for a quick chat, we’ll be happy to discuss what we could do for your website. You can also check some of our latest web design projects here (link to case studies)